Wireless - Visitor
Visitors to Penn State campuses may access free wireless internet (Wi-Fi) service from personal computers or other wireless enabled devices at any participating visitor wireless location. The wireless network name is "psu-guest."
Penn State Visitor or Guest Wireless is for individuals who are visiting Penn State. If you have a valid Penn State Access ID, please use the Penn State Wireless network.
Penn State Visitor or Guest Wireless is easy to use and only requires a one-time download and configuration. Once configured, if you are in a location that has Penn State Visitor or Guest Wireless you simply need to connect to the "psu-guest" network and begin to use the wireless network for your tasks.
Campus visitors wishing to access free visitor wireless service should follow these simple steps:
- Verify that you are in a wireless service area by checking your wireless signal for the network named "psu-guest"
- Connect to "psu-guest" by configuring your wireless network settings to access "psu-guest"
- Launch a web browser and attempt to connect to any website
- Click "Get Connected" to agree to Terms of Service
- You're now connected to the internet
This service is part of the Networking category,
- This is an active service
- This service is intended for visitors to Penn State and is available to anyone
- Any 802.11-capable wireless device is able to connect
- This service is free
- Call (814) 865-4357 or email ITservicedesk@psu.edu for guest wireless network support