High Throughput Computing on Roar
The Institute for Computational and Data Sciences provides high-throughput computing solutions through the Roar supercomputer. Roar is Penn State’s high-performance research cluster and is available to all Penn State faculty, staff, students, and sponsored guests (sponsored guests require a Penn State Sponsored Access Account).
Roar is a complex system with a full-service website. Visit the Getting Started page for more in-depth information.
- This is an active service
- Roar is available to all Penn State faculty, staff, students, and sponsored guests (sponsored guests require a Penn State Sponsored Access Account).
- Researchers should always foreground data security considerations when designing research projects.
- Roar is one of the University's approved systems for the hosting of Level 3 or Level 4 data with an ATO, but researchers should consult with Roar staff prior to storing any Level 3 or Level 4 data on Roar systems.
- Information on costs can be found on the ICDS Service Details and Rates page.
- The Institute for Computational and Data Sciences i-Ask Center is available to assist users with support questions.