Yammer is a communications and collaboration platform used by many different groups across Penn State, but which is especially heavily used by IT professionals to ask questions of other IT professionals. It is open to anyone, and is an excellent forum to directly ask questions of IT people.
The goal of this network is to provide a collaborative environment for users to connect with people from across the University community and share meaningful information. Some of the uses of Yammer include collaborating on team projects, getting updates on what others are working on, asking questions, sharing ideas, receiving feedback, creating and editing content, and planning events.
Yammer at Penn State is available to anyone with a Penn State Access ID. Once you are logged in, click the "Discover More Groups" link to find interesting groups.
Some suggested groups to get you started are:
- PSU IT
- Box @ PSU
- Office of Information Security (OIS)
- Hadoop Working Group
- Research Computing, Research Data, Cyberinfrastructure
Yammer at Penn State - More Information
This service is part of the Communications and Collaboration category.
- This is an active service
- Yammer is available to anyone at Penn State
- Most Yammer groups are open to anyone; some groups may require you to "request to join"
- There is no cost to use Yammer
- Get support with Yammer at Penn State by contacting the ITS Service Desk, or by visiting Microsoft's Yammer Help Portal