Storage on AWS/Azure
The Cloud Program provides access to cloud-based IT Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) for easy and rapid acquisition, development, and scaling of resources. Cloud computing meets users’ needs in a secure manner without the requirement to purchase and maintain physical hardware. The Cloud Program lets users focus on individual services, research, or end users by reducing the administrative and technical debt associated with purchasing, powering, and maintaining servers.
Depending on your needs and budget, the Cloud Program can connect you to resources at AWS or Azure for traditional server hosting, research data storage, high performance computing, or high throughput computing.
Visit the Cloud Program's Contact page section, or see the Cloud Support page.
This service is part of the Research Data, and the Storage and Backups categories.
- This is an active service offering
- The offerings will be available to all Penn State faculty and staff members
- Students can have access to the current offerings when working directly with faculty, staff, or in lab environments
- Additional academic opportunities are currently being pursued to offer students
- To request an account for data classified as low or moderate, visit the Cloud Request Form
- If you have data that is classified as high or restricted please contact the Cloud Program
- Pay only for the individual services you need, for as long as you use them, and without requiring long-term contracts or complex licensing
- Costs vary depending on what services are utilized; for more information, contact the Cloud Program