Backups (Server) with UBI
A remote file backup service, University Backup for Infrastructure (UBI) stores data on Penn State servers for Penn State faculty and staff. Several versions of files can be backed-up and restored in the event of component failure, accidental deletion, file corruption, or another type of damage sustained to the original file. To ensure full data restoration, both a primary copy of backed-up data and a secondary, off-site copy are maintained.
You can obtain access to the UBI service by completing the EIT Remote File Backup UBI Request Form.
University Backup for Infrastructure (UBI) Documentation website
University Backup for Infrastructure (UBI) Announcements
This service is part of the Storage and Backups category.
- This is an active service offering
- Penn State faculty and staff
- It is important to note that the user is responsible for the proper classification and handling of sensitive data; UBI is recommended for Level 1 and Level 2 data only, as defined by Policy AD95
- To ensure backup integrity, it is recommended that users periodically test the restoration of files
- Information about costs can be found by visiting the University Backup Service page at Penn State's Service Catalog