Penn State Cloud Services
Cloud Services provides access to cloud-based IT Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) for easy and rapid acquisition, development, and scaling of resources. Cloud computing meets users’ needs in a secure manner without the requirement to purchase and maintain physical hardware. Cloud Services allows you focus on your own services, research, or end users by reducing the administrative and technical debt associated with purchasing, powering, and maintaining servers.
IaaS and PaaS replace up-front infrastructure expenses with low variable costs that scale to individualized needs. Users no longer need to plan for and procure servers and other IT infrastructure weeks or months in advance. Instead, cloud computing can instantly spin up thousands of servers in minutes to deliver, store, or share data.
- This is an active service
- All Penn State faculty and staff members with a valid Penn State Access ID
- Students working directly with faculty, staff, or in lab environments can have access to the current Cloud Program offerings
- A valid Penn State Access ID and password
- A supported device, operating system, and browser (these requirements vary by Cloud service provider)
- An approved Penn State Cloud Services account
- To request an account for data classified as low or moderate, visit our Cloud Request Form
- If you have data that is classified as high or restricted please contact the service directly