SciVal is a research assessment tool that provides data on individuals, institutions, research themes, locations and collaborations. The data is provided by Scopus and ScienceDirect, and covers more than 30 million publications from 1996 through the present.
SciVal is useful for comparing research performance of individuals or institutions, analyzing research trends, creating bench-marking reports and visualizations, or finding someone who is researching in a specific area.
To learn more about SciVal, create an account:
- Visit SciVal.com from the Penn State network IP Address or VPN
- Click “register now.” (If you do not see the “register now” link, you may not be on the Penn State network.)
- Add your name and use your Penn State email address. Choose a password unique to SciVal. Click the register button. (If you receive an error that you already have an account, you may already have a log in for another Elsevier product, such as ScienceDirect. Use the same log in information.)
PennState SciVal Quick Guide.pdf
PennState SciVal QuickGuide.pptx
This service is part of the Administrative and Business category.
- This is an active service
- A valid Penn State Access ID and password
- A supported device, operating system, and browser
- A Penn State network connection OR a local copy of the VPN software