Survey Software and Services
Penn State offers various products and services in support of survey planning, creation, and management as well as results analysis and reporting.
Qualtrics is a web-based software program that enables you to create surveys to collect and analyze feedback from participants. The surveys can be administered fully anonymously. Qualtrics surveys can be used as both a formative and summative assessment tool. It enables you to export raw data for robust statistic analysis to common file types: csv. and spss. You can generate reports based on the data you collected and export reports to the following file types: docx. pptx, pdf or csv.
REDCap is a secure web application for building and managing online surveys and databases. While REDCap can be used to collect virtually any type of data (including 21 CFR Part 11, FISMA, and HIPAA-compliant environments), it is specifically geared to support online or offline data capture for research studies and operations.
Qualtrics users at Penn State users can create surveys after logging on, but will need to obtain a license code to activate a survey.
- Licenses should be obtained from each academic college
- The Commonwealth Campuses share one license. You can log on to Serivce Now to create a new request for a license code.
- There is no limit on the number of surveys deployed by faculty/staff/administrator license holders
- Students can receive free license upgrade strictly for use in their own personal academic studies
- Currently student accounts are limited to 3 active surveys at one time
- This can be adjusted on a case-by case-basis.
Two consultants are available to discuss REDCap at University Park: