The Institute for Computational and Data Sciences provides compute and data storage services on its Roar Supercomputer via a “GReaT” (Guaranteed Response Time) model subscription plan. The Provost is providing substantial additional funds to encourage the use of Roar services for University-sponsored research. These ACI Funds for Research (AFR) will be available to the PI to charge for Roar services.
Under this model the GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) Computing package includes access to a 2.5 GHz Intel Xeon processor, 2 Nvidia Tesla K80 computing modules/servers, Tesla P100 GPUs, 24 CPU/servers, double precision, FDR infiniband, and 10 gbps ethernet.
You can learn more about GPU Computing by visiting the ICDS-ACI GReaT Service Subscription site.
This service is part of the Computing category.
- This is an active service
- The current GPU package is priced as follows (with a 20 core minimum purchase):
- Cost per core/per month: $32
- PI/NON-AFR (per core/month): $16
- ACI Funds for Research (AFR): $16
- Read more about the ICDS-ACI GReaT Service Subscription Plans by viewing their current Rate Sheet
- For assistance or inquiries related to GPU Computing at Penn State, please e-mail the ICDS Help Desk.