Qualtrics is a web-based software program that enables users to create surveys to collect and analyze feedback from participants. The surveys can be administered fully anonymously. Qualtrics surveys can be used as both a formative and summative assessment tool. It enables users to export raw data for robust statistic analysis to common file types (csv. and spss), or generate reports based on the collected data and export reports (available in docx. pptx, pdf or csv).
- The ability to share surveys with collaborators before or after deployment; editing and viewing rights of collaborators can be customized
- A wide range of questions types, including using images as answer options, to meet the diverse needs of faculty/staff/administrator license holders
- The ability to generate individual or survey URLs for each invited participant or one reusable survey URL for a group of invited participants
- The ability to preview the survey on smart phones
- The ability to export raw data into a variety of files for further analysis or individual responses as PDFs
- The scoring option which enables users to auto assign values to answer choices or variables
Get started by visiting the Qualtrics Platform Learning page or by logging on to Qualtrics. Penn State users can create surveys after logging on, but will need to obtain a license code from their academic college to activate a survey.
Qualtrics Training - IT Learning and Development
Qualtrics Users - Penn State Yammer
Qualtrics Survey Tool - Accessibility at Penn State
This service is part of the Communications and Collaboration and Research Data categories.
- This is an active service
- Faculty, staff, and researchers will need to obtain a license code from their academic college. Users from any of the Commonwealth Campuses may log on to Service Now to create a new request for theit license code.
- Students can receive free license upgrade strictly for use in their own personal academic studies. Currently student accounts are limited to 3 active surveys at one time. This can be adjusted on a case-by case-basis.
- A valid Penn State Access ID and password
- A supported device, operating system, and browser
- A liscense access code from a user's individual college
- Surveys can be administered either anonymously or confidentially
- Users can administer or distribute surveys to participants using an anonymous survey link; this will remove respondents’ Internet Protocol (IP) addresses and location data from survey results
- Each academic college at Penn State pays for a liscensing package; the number of liscenses available per college varies
- For support please visit the Qualtrics Support page