Jupyter Notebooks on ICDS-ACI
The Jupyter Notebook is an open-source web application that allows you to create and share documents that contain live code, equations, visualizations and narrative text. Uses include: data cleaning and transformation, numerical simulation, statistical modeling, data visualization, machine learning, and much more. The Institute for Computational and Data Science offers Jupyter Notebooks through their Advanced CyberInfrastructure service.
ICDS-ACI is a complex system with a full-service website. Visit the ICDS-ACI Getting Started page for more in-depth information. If you are familiar with ICDS-ACI, then ICDS-ACI provides the option for working with Jupyter notebooks through the ICDS-ACI Portal.
- This is an active service
- Detailed eligibility requirements are available in the Policies section of the ICDS-ACI website
- Broadly, ICDS-ACI may be used by Penn State Principal Investigators and their students, post-docs, researchers, staff, and sponsored guests; sponsored guests require a Penn State Sponsored Access Account
- Researchers should always foreground data security considerations when designing research projects
- ICDS-ACI is one of the university's approved sites for the hosting of Level 3 data, but researchers should consult with ICDS-ACI staff prior to storing any Level 3 or Level 4 data on ICDS-ACI systems
- Information on costs can be found on the ICDS-ACI Service Details webpage